I just happened to notice last night, after I sent this message, that the Plus-X wasn't C-41 process film. I think the shop where I bought it will process it, though.

I still don't have a dark room or supplies -- nor a tank or dark bag -- to work with, so I'll have to have all my film processed for the time being. But, once I get to the point where I feel I can get enough good shots with film to justify the investment, I'll probably start doing my own development.

BTW -- I did note that the date stamp on the Plus-X box is 01/2010. I assume that's the expiration date and not the date of manufacture. With that in mind, I can't help wondering if it's still worth shooting. The shop had it on a shelf, not refrigerated at all. I assume there's some leeway with the expiration dates, but a year sounds a bit much.

Thanks for the pointers WRT the developing chemicals. I'll archive this email for use at a later date.

-- Walt