On 2011-02-11 02:14 , Rob Studdert wrote:
On 11 February 2011 07:13, Paul Stenquist<pnstenqu...@comcast.net>  wrote:
Saw the B&H solicitation for that app. Can't imagine why I would want to shop
for equipment on my phone, other than to jack up my phone bill.

I do a heck of a lot of Internet related things on my phone that I
wouldn't have dreamt of before. Everywhere I spend time and use the
net heavily I generally have a WiFi connection available so I don't
use the phone service data except when I'm mobile and then I've never
got close to my monthly DL limit (1GB). I just checked and I'm at 4%
for this month.

i do a fair amount of comparison shopping with Amazon Remembers on my iPhone (it sends images to the Mechanical Turk, which attempts to find a matching product on amazon.com for a quick price check) -- i do it over 3G (usually no wifi when shopping) but that plus lots of other 3G usage (very little video, though) have never bumped me over 200MB/month data usage

i don't see the lure of a B&H app, though; it's gimmicky -- the effort would be better spent to mobile-optimize their site