Hi All,

I am looking for an advice on a compact and versatile digital
videocam.

I've never done much of video capturing.
I started playing with it occasionally since I have it my K-7, -
in the situations when I need to capture things like a class summary.

Now, I need one for my class. I may use it occasionally for two other
things:
1. being able to display the live video on the computer in real time
(via USB or similar connection)
I need to be able to switch to different resolutions: at least
1024x768 and one of the higher ones (e.g. 1280x780, 720p, 1080?)

2. take videos of class summaries in a somewhat low light condition.

Other desired options:
* HD-1080 resolution is not a must, but I'd like to have at least 720p.
* It'd be nice to be able to record to SD cards, as I have a few of them
already, but it isn't a deal breaker.
* reasonable zoom: it'd be nice to have equivalent of the 28mm on full
frame camera or maybe even slightly wider (24mm).
* reasonably high-ISO would be nice.
* autofocus during shooting
* anti-shake (optical would be nice, but not a must)
* manual focus option would be nice
* automatic exponometry, but a possibility of manual adjustment would be
considered.
* compact size and small weight woulf be great.
* Budget: I don't know yet. Definitely below $1K; but $500-800 would
be preferred. Maybe cheaper, if reasonable cameras exist.

There are probably a few more that I am forgetting at this point.

I would greatly appreciate suggestions and pointers.

Thank you,

Igor