Another winner frank.  Love your bicycling shots....

--
Christian
http://404mohawknotfound.blogspot.com

On 2/13/2011 3:17 PM, frank theriault wrote:
I present this as something of a counterpoint to Jack's sunny garden
fence shot.

I know that the titular phrase is associated with postal delivery
types, but it certainly applies to bike messengers as well.

This was taken the week before last, on the day of our Great
Non-storm.  We were supposed to get something like 30 cm, but by the
time it reached us we got maybe 6-10 cm (4 or 5 inches) - a snowfall,
to be sure, but hardly the storm of the century that they predicted.
Still, while it was coming down it got quite heavy at times:

http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.com/2011/02/neither-rain-nor-sleet-nor-snow.html

Had a hell of a time focusing;  the autofocus was (I suspect) being
fooled by the heavy snow, which also made it hard to focus manually
(can't remember which I did here, but one way or the other, it's out
of focus).  Still, I think it gives a good idea of the fun bike
messengers have in the winter.

;-)

Hope you enjoy.  Comments always welcome.

cheers,
frank