Epson Exhibition Fiber paper has the look of a gelatin silver fiber-based paper
with slight texture and mild lustre. Some other inkjet papers are very close
copies of darkroom papers as well. Of course all modern BW darkroom printing
paper is gelatin silver. That's the chemistry not the paper look.

I think Christine is right that the "depth" one feels in looking at a print
from a large format neg is partly due to the format. Large format provides
incredible detail in the focal range but minimal depth of field, even with
relatively wide lenses. That translates to perceived depth.
Paul