On 2011-02-17 21:53 , Brendan MacRae wrote:
Unfortunately, I have to shoot through glass but I'll take it. You almost never
get to get this close to these birds. Not the sharpest image ever, but again,
I'll take it.

http://www.primelensphoto.com/hawk/index.html

nice shot -- i have been practicing on the sharp-shinned hawk that predates the bird feeder two doors down, including at least once in a snowstorm, so i know the thrill and challenge of it; my windows are to wiggly to shoot from inside, so i have to go outside and try not to scare it; i have only 210mm, and most times i am shooting through a thicket of branches