Every coffee lover has his or her own preferences and requirements.

For decades, I ground my grounds for every pot, and I bought various
types of coffee.  I even tried roasting my own beans, but was not
satisfied with the results.

I have friends who tried to introduce me to various kinds of "designer
coffee";  one even served me that stuff picked out from weasel poop.
He loves it, but I didn't sense anything special.

It dawned on me that the best coffee I ever tasted was the caffè serve
in the restaurants and cafes of Italy.  When we were in Rome last
February, I made a point of checking in every restaurant and cafe to
see what they used.  It was invariably illy coffee, pre-ground,
straight out of the sturdy silver cans.

When I returned home, I orders the same coffee illy.  I also bought a
mid-range Saeco pressure espresso machine from illy.  It takes the
capsules of ground coffee sold by illy, which I find work extremely
well.

With this machine and the illy capsules, I am able to get the same
taste and crema that I learned to love when visiting Italy.  I will
never grind or roast my own beans or buy designed coffee again.  I
drink the espresso in straight shots, but its flavor is certainly
sturdy enough to  come through a cappuccino or latte if that is your
preference.

--
Dan Matyola