I've been thinking about how I compose shots, and I've realized that I often go
to more effort to hide things that I think will detract from the shot, than I
do trying to make everything that I might want is visible.  I'd often rather do
two "detail" photos, each with a clean background, rather than one photo with
everything in it, if the background has something I don't like.

However, I often spend a lot of time trying to compose my photos with two
thematically contrasting objects, so I don't only think about hiding things,
but what I'm showing as well.

When you compose shots, do you think that your style is more about showing
things, or hiding things?