On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:42 -0500, "Stan Halpin"
<s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:
> Just received an advertising blurb from National Geographic. Think
> Spring! says the headline. Below are buttons for Spring Clothes, New
> Jewelry, New Home Decor and Collectibles, New DVD's, New Books, New Men's
> Clothing and Accessories, and [insert drum roll here] Pentax®
> 12.1-megapixel Underwater Camera.
>
> http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=2000342&code=EM022211A1

I also had a 'Pentax Moment' last weekend.

I went to the opening of a photo exhibition by landscape photographer
Richard Green.  During the presentation he showed a few slides of his
early cameras and there was one of the early M42 Pentaxes - probably an
SV or S1a, with pentaprism meter.

Green is an interesting character.  He's an ex Pom (actually, can you be
an 'ex' Pom?) and flies his own helicopter to remote areas of Australia
to produce large scale panoramas. He no longer uses Pentax.

There are several Richard Green photographers.  This is him:

http://www.richardgreen.net.au/

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters