Bob W wrote:

From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Tim Bray

Ladies and gentlemen, the quality of the pictures is irrelevant, it's
the subject that requires your attention:
http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/201x/2011/02/26/Sagrada-Familia

Having said that, there are one or two in there you might want to
enlarge.  If you like them, credit goes to Mr. Gaudi and some
stonemasons, not me.

If you get within 1000km  you just gotta go.  -Tim

...snip...

Gaudi's architecture is not really to my taste, but as you say, it's
confident, and it really seems to come from the Catalan way of being.

Nor to mine, though I rather like Tim's last photo - it tells us a lot about the style.

As for the whiteness of the stone, when the great European cathedrals were
first built they were painted in bright colours that we would consider gaudy
(geddit!?) nowadays.

It's the form of Gaudi's work that bothers me.. too gloppy for the most part.

Ann