On 2011-02-26 2:51, John Francis wrote:

It's an IPS display, which probably counts for something, right?  Anyway,
I reckon it has to be an improvement over the regular screen on my Compaq.
And the price is right - it's coming courtesy of my employer. I pretty much
had to get a second screen to debug some full-screen graphics stuff I'm
working on, and I persuaded them that it made more sense to get this one
than a regular 1920x1080, or even the lower-spec HP 1920x1200 non-IPS one.

I haven't used that one, but it seems to be a replacement for the one I have, which is the HP LP2475w. I've had it for a couple or three years and it's been an excellent monitor. I keep it calibrated with a Spyder 3 and get excellent closed-loop printing results. The colors are rich and vibrant. It was almost shocking when I first got it, since I'd only had TN monitors before.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)