On 2011-03-02 11:25 , Mat Maessen wrote:
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Eric Weir<eew...@bellsouth.net>  wrote:
Same here. I've kinda got my mind set on the 1.4 A50, otherwise I would be
tempted by the
1.7.

I have both, and honestly the 1.4 isn't better enough than the 1.7 to
really justify the price difference. They both work very well on my
DS2, and I'm sure they'd work well on something newer too.

i agree, the aperture difference is minimal and some say the IQ is a of the 1.7 is a little better; i have an A 1.7 and an M 1.4 (and an A 2.0) -- the 1.4 goes idle while the 1.7, because of it's IQ and auto-aperture convenience, has been on my camera half the time lately; i've stopped looking for an A 1.4