I am still puzzled by the Pentax review process.  I just had three
images that were held "under review" for 2 weeks after others
submitted at the same time were "declined."  Yesterday, all three were
declined, and one that was submitted less than 2 weeks ago was
"approved."

Ann, I suggest that you re-submit some of those great images that were
declined.  I noticed, for example that in some of my rejected images,
the point of interest did not show up in the thumbnail.  I re-cropped
them so that the "good bits" would be included in the thumbnail, and
the voters could see enough to make them want to view the full image.
(I suspect that many look at the thumbs, and vote to reject on that
basis alone.)  Also, on some I brightened the image or increased the
contrast a bit beyond what I thought ideal, and that has worked in a
few cases.  Remember that not everyone has a perfectly calibrated
monitor, and certainly not a monitor calibrated just like mine.  Also,
cropping to make the focus of interest more dominant (even at the
expense of what I thought was the best composition) has worked in one
or two cases of images I really liked that were initially rejected.
Not everyone shares my concept of proper composition, and many seem to
vote for a clear and catchy image rather than one with good
composition that must be studied for a moment or two to find the focus
of interest and the theme of the photograph.

Of course, in MY files, I keep the original image that I still like
better, if that is the case.  I must admit, however, that several of
my images have been substantially improved by the process of
re-processing them for the Pentax Gallery,  That is why I still do it.

Dan
--
Dan Matyola