On Mar 14, 2011, at 4:12 PM, steve harley wrote:

> On 2011-03-14 13:42 , Eric Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 14, 2011, at 3:20 PM, steve harley wrote:
>>> as a quick fix, if you're not accessing your account from multiple
>>> machines, consider going to the Preferences>  Accounts> Mailbox Behaviors
>>> and unchecking "store sent messages on server" (they will henceforth be
>>> stored on your computer only)
>>
>> Mail doesn't provide that option, Steve. At least my copy doesn't.
>
> what version are you using, i'm on 3.6 (the 10.5 version); i'd be surprised
> if the 10.6 version removed the setting, but it may have been renamed or put
> in a different section

Mail is version 4.4, OS X is 10.6.6.

I check in the other sections of the Accounts page in Preferences and didn't
find that option. The only option provided for sent messages relates to
deleting messages after they've been sent.

There is an option in the Advanced section of the Accounts page regarding when
to remove messages from the server after retrieving them. I have it set for
"after one day."

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net