In a message dated 2/19/2002 9:52:10 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Subj:Processing color slide film at home
> Date:2/19/2002 9:52:10 PM Central Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]";>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> I remember having seen some discussion about this, but don't
> remember if it was on this forum.
>
> I believe there is a kit of sort that one could buy to process
> color slide film at home.
>
> My questions are:
>
> How many rolls do you have to process before it becomes
> economical, not counting one's own labour?

4-5 rolls depending on what you pay for processing and what you pay for the
kit.  The solutions have a limited shelf life after preparing so you have to
use them quick (?3 months? I think) to get maximum benefit.

> Also, does it require some setup such as darkroom?

Just like b/w,. you need a dark place to load the film can.  I use a changing
bag.  After that it is all in daylight.

> Is there a can-like container of solution that you can buy, in
> which you would just drop the film (the kit comes with a film
> canister opener), close cover, shake for 2 minutes, and it's

No!