Hello gang,

I've just tried a few Pentax lenses on my Panny GF-1 (via K-micro4/3 adapter), just to find a weird behaviour.

With close subjects (inches to meters), the actual distance of my subject (properly focused by looking at magnified LCD) can be similar to that one indicated on the distance scale of the lens. However, when trying to properly focus at infinity I have to set a much closer distance on the lens ring, with larger and larger offsets as focal legths shorten.

Examples:
100mm lens focused at infinity -> focusing ring is set at 15-20m;
50mm lens focused at infinity -> focusing ring is set at 7-10m;
28mm lens focused at infinity -> focusing ring is set at 3m!

With a Samyang 8mm fisheye, there's no way to focus (lens helicoid has no run enough to find focus). It happens that by setting the focus at its minimum focus distance, the lens is almost (but not yet) focused at infinity. By approaching the subject, things become worse.

Have you ever seen anything like that? How would you explain that? Wrong adapter? Too short to set proper register distance for K-bayonet lenses?

Cheers,

Dario