2011/3/15 Keith Whaley <keit...@dslextreme.com>:

> I don't believe the quote at all. It's pure braggadocio...

He argued it was so because they had double layer containments.

> This is a totally deceiving statement.
> Nuclear power plants "use" water to cool, and then return the water to the
> source. They do not _use it up_! They do not destroy it!
> Once the power plant is done with it's cooling properties, it's returned to
> 'nature.'

yes, in the form of more or less hot water. which as you know promotes
algae growth and reduces oxygen levels in rivers which as you know
affects the aquatic fauna or in other words kills fish. which in turn
results in power plants being shut down to protect said fish. that is
what happened. during the great droughts of the last decades a number
of plants in france and spain had to shut down. incidentally at a time
of rising power consumption caused by increased load from air
conditioners. nuclear power plants very much do destroy water in that
they make it uninhabitable to fish if you just let them run full
throttle.

oh and speaking of water, in the past 1000 years of recorded history
and not counting 2011 in Japan 150.000+ tsunami victims are
documented. not counting the unsung. someone with a little more brains
and a little less greed would not have placed their nuke plants on the
shore line for lack of inland water but installed aqueducts and pumps
instead and taken their plants to dryer grounds...

the nuclear power industry has no genuine interest in safety where
costs can be avoided. and no genuine interest in transparency either
if you look at Tepco's record (or Vattenfall's or ... well you name
them) for messing up, forging records and then resorting to salami
tactics.