On Mar 18, 2011, at 1:29 PM, frank theriault wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Walter Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  A shot I took on the way into the bar I went to yesterday for St. Pat's to
>> have a Guinness or two.  It's one of the older buildings in town (Paducah,
>> KY), where I really should get around to shooting some of the architecture
>> one of these days.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/5538227640/
>> K-x, DA L 18-55, Landscape mode, 1/500, ISO 200, f/11
>>
>> As always, comments, critiques and suggestions welcome.

Of course the Episcopal church is across the street from the bar.  I hear that
they're a very social sect, any time you get four of them together, you're
bound to find a fifth.

Oh, it's a nice photo too.  Though with those dark shadows in contrast with the
sunlit side it is one of those cases where I would just autobracket my raw
exposures, just in case I ever get around to doing HDR.  I don't go for that
wild tone mapping HDR style, but there are times it would be nice to be able to
pull more detail out of the highlights and shadows if the shot turns out to be
a keeper.

It occurs to me that with the K-5, it has so much more dynamic range at low
ISO, I should increase my bracketing range, at least at low ISO.

> Lovely old church, well captured.  Love the deep blue sky!

I agree.  The sky, and sunlit bricks are metered perfectly.