I'm not interested in doing videos. Nothing wrong with it, I'm just a still
life shooter. To be honest, I usually don't like looking at them either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory Waters <cbwat...@bellsouth.net>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:11:06
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Why no videos?

Hello list,

There seems to be quite a number of you folks out there who now have
newer DSLRs with video capabilities.  It's been a year or more since
these cameras came online but I don't see any VideoESOs flying past in
the PDML.
Granted, I don't check the list as often as I used to and I don't read
nearly as many of your messages as I once did (I AM still watching you
though...Cotty... and Frank... and Doug) but I figured by now video
submissions would be a common occurrence around here.

Is video a gimmick feature that you just don't use?
Are your videos too racy? (let us judge ;)
Is making decent videos just too hard?
Or are you guys just too much the "old dog" type or even "purists"?

For my part, having at least six video cameras lying around the house
(I'm actually surprised by this number but I'm counting the cell phones
and P&S cameras + 1 "Flip" style camera), I find that the same problems
that have plagued us since the days of film-based home movies.  Just
rolling during family events and outings produces lots of crap footage
that nobody really wants to edit into a package that anyone besides
Grandma would want to watch.

So, Why no VESOs, y'all?

Cory