2011/3/20 mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com>:
> Pity about the row of structures in the snow on the left hand side of the
> valley.  Transmission pylons?

It used to be a cable car from one of the mines. It was located just
above the nearest building on the left. I think mining stopped there
some time in the early sixties. But I feel that it's very much part of
the history of the place. It's kind of bizarre, all these now historic
items present. I think the locals (yeah, there are long-term residents
and even some natives up here) take a bit of pride in whatever is
visible of the mining history here.

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com