> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:26 PM, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Paul's comments on a photo he did 35 years ago an new adjustments got
>> me thinking.
>>
>> I use to do a "way back when" column for my companies Newsletter, jobs
>> we had done 30 years ago,  so i just thought i would put this out
>> there.
>>
>> What were you doing 35 years ago about this time.??
>>
>> Me i was doing my first of many Trans Canada Pipeline jobs, providing
>> precise elevations on a series of bench marks North of Toronto.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> --
>> Documenting Life in Rural Ontario.
>> www.caughtinmotion.com
>> http://brooksinthecountry.blogspot.com/
>> York Region, Ontario, Canada

So, 1976. I finished my PhD in 1970, so by spring of '76 I was 4 years into my
second job, 3 years into my second marriage, and one year or so into my rock
climbing and mountaineering phase. I had a Nikkormat and a couple of lenses,
had built a darkroom in a walk-in closet in my condo apartment where I
occasionally developed/printed B&W, but most of my now-and-then photography was
in slides. At about that time I was also doing wood working; the desk at which
I sit I built a few months ago, re-purposing oak that I had first used for a
couch back then.

stan