Yes - Shaw's "Closeups in Nature" is definitely worth the read, so too is
the Kodak workshop series book on close up. photography. The Kodak book has
more of the formulae than Shaw's, but you almost need both of them to get a
complete picture.

Shaw has changed his mind on some points in later books - he now advocates
using a 200mm macro vs the 100mm he recommended in the earlier book, TTL
flash vs manual flash, and zooms for general work vs primes.  But the
essence remains the same and is very valuable.

Cheers -

MCC

At 03:42 AM 2/20/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Mark,
>
>Just the sort of answer I was looking for.
>
>Also, looks like the 'Closeups in Nature' book is worth a read.
>
>Thanks,
>Geoff

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI