From: Tim ?sleby

Alas my photoshop skills are limited.
When I try to remove them, it just looks unatural. So I just try to
tone them down a bit.
This is among the things I really need to work on. I have a book somewhere ...

2011/3/23 Jack Davis <jdavi...@yahoo.com>:
> Would advise removing any glistening facial areas. I see a few in these shots.
> Would apply to all bare skin areas for that mater.
>
> Jack

Better if you can tone them down in the studio when you're setting up the lights. Less work, more easily repeatable.

One thing you can try in Photoshop is to add a layer filled with 50% gray. Set the layer's Blend Mode to Overlay or Soft Light.

Then paint on that 50% gray layer with Black or White brush set between 5% - 15% opacity (play around with this to find what works best for you).

The Black brush will darken the underlying image similar to the burn tool without the color shift. The White brush will lighten the underlying image similar to the dodge tool, but again without the color shift.