Hi Fred ...

I think you've got that a little backwards.  I'd suggest that the Nikon
is sucking up to the Pentax lens - dare I say, perhaps even kissing its
butt <g>.

But seriously, over the years it's been rather common for many
photographers to modify a lens that they like, or which has some
preferred characteristics, to fit on and work with other cameras.  It's
quite a compliment, don't you think?

You know, the story is that HC-B always used Leicas, and leitz lenses,
but it's been reported by Beaumont Newhall that HC-B, on one of his
trips to NY, picked up a Contax lens that he had modified to fit his
Leica III - so maybe not all of HC-B's stuff was the result of Leitz
optics after all.  IAC, I can think of a number of instances where I'd
have liked an optic from one company on a body from another.  There are
certainly a few Olympus lenses I'd like to adapt to the K-mount,
likewise for some Leica glass.  And let's not forget that the 43mm Ltd
was made in a Leica mount, and it receives some very positive comments
from the users.

Fred wrote:

> Anyhow, back to the bastardized Pentax 15/3.5, I'm assuming that
> some camera shop someplace must have perpetrated some sort of an
> evil mount conversion, right?

 [...]

--
Shel Belinkoff