> > Another from Paris.  I love the combination of stone facades, wrought
> > iron balconies, and flowers.
> >
> > http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=12868902&size=lg
> >
> > (K7, DA 50-200)
> >
> > Rick
>
> that's really nice. I want to live in one of those.

Incidentally, I bought a beautiful book about Paris a few weeks ago which I
recommend to everyone who likes the place.

It's called Thirty-six views of the Eiffel Tower, by Henri Riviere. You will
recognise the style of title from the names that Japanese woodcut artists
gave to their books, such as Hiroshige's One Hundred Famous Views of Edo,
and indeed the book is a collection of woodcuts by Riviere from the
beginning of the 20th C.

You can flip through some of the pages on Amazon:
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thirty-six-Views-Eiffel-Tower-Riviere/dp/0811876985
/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301383221&sr=1-1>