For those of you who remember my questions a few weeks ago about how to send
money to Argentina, the answer is to be part of an exceptional group of
individuals like the PDML.

The problem was how to send payment so that it would arrive in the form of U.S.
dollars. This is important because of the economic situation and banking
problems in Argentina at the moment: Any kind of international money order or
wire transfer would get converted to pesos at the "official" rate and the
seller, Martin Trucco, would have been effectively screwed.

Juan Buhler offered to have his mother in law, who lives in Buenos Aires and
just happened to be visiting him at the time, carry cash over for me. To make a
long story short, a couple of weeks ago I sent Juan a check for $500.00, his
mother in law took cash to Buenos Aires and today I received my lens in the
mail. I thought really couldn't afford it at the time but the news reports from
Argentina made me realize how well off I am over here and how little right I
have to complain about not having money compared to many other people in the
world. It's nice to have a group of people who I can trust to carry out a
transaction like this.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com