> Direct links to pictures this time (so that thumbnails don't scare you off):
>
> http://foto.ri-ki.lv/details.php?image_id=32
>
> http://foto.ri-ki.lv/details.php?image_id=34
>
> http://foto.ri-ki.lv/details.php?image_id=31
>
> http://foto.ri-ki.lv/details.php?image_id=33
>
> Comments will be much appreciated and put to good use. The comments I already
> received are reflected in the updated pictures from the first batch already.
>
> kris

I'm going to be constructively critical.

#32 is #1
#34 is #2
#31 is #3
#33 is #4

#1  Nice pose.  Usually a high-contrast shot is left for male subjects, but you
pulled it off nicely.  Perhaps a reflector on the right to add a bit more
content to the hair while still maintaining contrast would have been a little
helpful.

#2  I like the tonality.  You were able to maintain the shadows on her arms to
some tonal variety -- something many would miss.  (A lot of digital b&w sucks.)
 Perhaps dodge the eyes a bit.  The whites of her eyes are too gray.  Again,
you've done a nice job with a high-contrast project.

** If possible I'd like to have a color file of this to see what I could do in
b&w conversion.

#3  Close-ups like this scare me.  Not her.  Just the idea.  I'd never attempt
one.  But you did control the reflection off her eyes.  (Many amateurs miss
those details.)  Well done.

#4  I have to be really hard on this one.  The angle doesn't work.  The
background and surroundings are cluttered.  But her expression *can* work if
she has a context -- looking @ something or with some purpose.  This is the
only bad one of the bunch but even so it's a starting point for future efforts.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://kerygmainstitute.org

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott