>The bottom line is that more films *are* going the way of the dodo and
>we can expect that to continue. My friends at the George Eastman House
>get their information straight from Kodak and when I was there for the
>platinum print workshop last fall they were lamenting about the film
>discontinuations to come. What's happening is that Kodak now loses
>money on still photography film: The only thing keeping them in the
>film business is the motion picture industry. (This is exactly the
>reverse of the situation years ago, when the consumer film side of
>their business supported the motion picture film side.)
>
>When the movie industry goes to electronic distribution - and they're
>working hard on it - is when the axe will really come down hard on
>film.
>
>--
>Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
>www.robertstech.com

A couple of years ago we went to a movie @ the local Rave theater.
They used DLP projectors.
The display was so jerky that it gave the wife a headache and I found
it downright unappealing.
But 2 weeks ago we went there to see "The Adjustment Bureau" and
their new digital projectors are not so objectionable.  Smooth frame
transitions and thus no headaches or other ill effects.  Pleasant.
The new gen of projectors is quite nice and that leave film
only for shooting & editing, after which all else is digital.
I expect that within 5 years all theaters will have some new
digital projector.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://kerygmainstitute.org

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott