On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 11:49:15PM -0500, Christine  Aguila wrote:
> I've been getting quite few google alerts with sites talking about
> the rumored pentax mirrorless camera.  Here's one with pictures.
> cheers, Christine
>
> http://www.slashgear.com/first-pic-of-new-pentax-nc-mirrorless-camera-system-surfaces-01143853/

It doesn't interest me much; the small sensor would be too limiting.
(which is why we have an Olympus E-PL1 rather than a Canon Powershot).

But the suggestion that a mirrorless APS-C system that can take K-mount
lenses might show up in the summer - now that *does* interest me.

There are still questions to be answered; how much K-mount compatibility
will there be?  While I certainly don't expect an aperture simulator,
I'd hope to get auto-focus with SDM lenses (although I don't expect
screwdriver focussing motors), and there'd pretty much have to be in-
camera aperture control (since SDM lenses don't have aperture rings).