Is the DA 50-200 weather sealed? If not, try that argument because the 60-250 is weather sealed. You can also say the lady PDMLers told you to go for the new lens--might help :-)--or not--;-). With my husband, I find I have to quietly drop in statements like "wow, I really could use that new body" or "man, if I had the reach of that new lens" or "different interface on my back-up camera really is annoying". I drop these in our casual conversation for a period of time--it helps to warm Darrel up to the idea of another piece of expensive equipment. But I admit to being married to an easy target. He's supportive of my photography--and I have made a few dollars out of it (not a lot, mind you) and continue to try to make more money, so that helps convince him too. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cory Waters" <cbwat...@bellsouth.net>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:40 AM
Subject: sometimes being good isn't good ;)

I've been shooting at my daughter's soccer games for a while now. I'm using my K10 and the DA50-200 I got when that camera was new (I think there's a newer version out now) If I make half an effort, I can come away with three to five shots per game that I'm more or less happy with after a little processing. There's another ten to fifteen that I'll post out to the parent group. They're not likely to be as critical as me, they're happy to have shots of their kid, and I assume they're just happy someone else is taking pictures so they don't have to ;) The problem is, SHE sees the fifteen to twenty "post worthy" shots per game and thinks they're "fine". This means that there's virtually no need for me to spend a grand on a new faster telephoto lens. In the back of my mind, buried deep under years of obsessive desire for enablement, I know that a new lens won't make my photos *That* much better. It's not the lens that screws up most of my shots...

But, of course, LBA is strong.

The 60-250 calls.
But it might be the 55-300 that answers.