I was able to shoot our local AAA baseball games with long lenses last year, on
two bodies with two tripods. Very cumbersome for me. I only changed seats
twice. The seats at AAA leave large holes whee no one is sitting, especially
when getting far enough out on the baselines so you are not shooting through
chain link. The down side is their team photog kept getting in the way. And she
was down on the field!

Local hockey rink is less amenable. 4" and interchangeable lenses are the "Pro"
limit.

So I brought my 300mm Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain. Told them it was a "FanCam"
for low light.  Suueeeeeee.  (insert your own rim-shot here)

--
It's not that life is too short, it's that you're dead for so long......
— Anon

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

http://gallery.me.com/jomac