steve harley wrote:

On 2011-04-04 13:47 , Andrew Allen wrote:

Here is a recent street series photographed primarily in urban St.
Louis with three of my favorite lenses - and of course my favorite
camera, the K-5.  Comments/questions welcome.

http://andrewallenphoto.com/p379560305

i like the yellow tape image; the man with the book is a nice portrait and brings up for me the concept of inward/outward; the chicken feet are a bit ominous

i am very distracted by the titles, and while there are good _portrayals_ of graffiti in context, few of them satisfy me, perhaps because i often struggle with the same subjects in my photography

The second one, called "Night at the office" speaks to me more than any of the others. LIke the colors, light, geometry. - but I agree with Steve about titles.. except for recording a location or to state what something is that isn't obvious to everyone ("Great Blue Heron" instead of "Tall Bird", for instance) Or sometiems for extra comic effect or in a subject line to make ya look... but if
you are looking at the photo I often find them distracting.

ann