drd1...@gmail.com wrote:

>From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
>
>On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Steven Desjardins <drd1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey, I like Disneyland .. .
>
>>You like the evil empire?
>
>Absolutely. Everyone is evil; Disney is just more efficient.

True story:

Years ago my mum taught at a university in Morocco for a couple of
semesters. A few years later, one of her Moroccan students came over
to the U.S. to go to school and took a summer job working at Disney
World (concession stands and such). The other employees there warned
her not to give any notice when she was leaving: "They'll refuse to
give you your final check the next week, but if you give two weeks
notice they'll just throw you out and you'll miss your final *two*
paychecks" is what they said. However, this young Moroccan lady was
raised to always Do The Right Thing... so she duly gave two weeks
notice that she would be leaving to go back to school. And they kicked
her out and she didn't get her last two paychecks. Now trying to get
the state of Florida to take any action against the Walt Disney
Corporation is beyond futile, so all she could do in the end was phone
my mum for sympathy. She was so angry that all she could sputter was
"MICKEY IS A BAD MOUSE!"

It's become a catchphrase in my family :-)

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com