2011/4/1 Steven Desjardins <drd1...@gmail.com>:
> I can see it now.  All the health food stores will be advertising
> "100% all natural vegan polyethylene."

maybe. but I've yet to see a vegan eat polyethylene.

on the other hand who says the oil used to make their plastic now is fauna free?

imho using something that would otherwise be disposed of is good. no
matter what.

plus by not eating chicken vegans for all practical purposes make sure
no feathers are plucked on their behalf. hence at least until chickens
are raised for plastic and their meat is disposed of, plastic will
still be ethically safe for vegans. of course this is non-vegan
opinion so YVMMV (your vegan mileage may vary)

cheers
ecke