On Apr 5, 2011, at 10:19 , Keith Whaley wrote:

> Krisjanis Linkevics wrote:
>>> This http://not.contaxg.com/document.php?id=11097&full=1 is one of my
>>> all time favorite pictures. Took it with F85 soft, tripod and all...
>>>
>>> Boris
>
>> Beautiful. A welcome distraction from this "sharpness trumps everything"
>> world.
>> kris
>
> How about the "Soft = blurry" world?
>
> IMMHO, if 'soft' is what everybody calls that lens, I'll stay away from it.
>
> Used to be, my eyes saw the world that way. I gladly paid a fair amount of
> money to CORRECT that deficiency.
>
> keith

Keith, they used to sell a filter that was glass beaded except for the center
portion the size of from a dime to a quarter. I have several. They don't give
the same image that the 85mm ƒ2.2 "Soft" (Pentax's name) does, and if they did,
they don't equal the convenience of having all of them in one lens at the same
time. It makes a dreamy portrait lens.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn’t need to lug a camera.”
–Lewis Hine