> > However, if you want to risk a saline end, here's the link. Let us
> know if
> > you survive.
> > http://www.amazon.co.uk/King-James-Bible-400th-
> Anniversary/dp/0199557608/ref
> > =pd_sim_b_3

> Well, I have an older version, somewhat closer to The Original, if The
> Original is assumed to exist.
>
> Now, I did listen to the guy talking. I mostly concentrated on his
> pronunciation as I understand he ought to be British, which is
> interesting to my untrained ear.

not just British, but English. As everyone knows, God is an Englishman.

His accent is quite interesting. It is what's called RP, which you probably
know means 'Received Pronunciation'
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Received_Pronunciation>. In other words, it is
the 'standard' educated English accent which chaps like one tend to converge
on, although one's is not as educated as his. He has what sounds like a
slight undercurrent of the West Country, which is the part of England to the
south and west of Oxford, and I'd guess that's where he is from originally -
his R is mildly retroflex and he pronounces the vowel in 'type' rather like
the vowel in 'boy', but his education and resulting social position seem to
have heightened the upper class aspects of his accent and diction. Of
course, he is speaking for the video audience, so it's probable that he is
using a higher register than he does at home with his family, or when
telling off-colour jokes about his lady friends to his football mates in the
pub.

You should not try to imitate his accent as it could cause you some
embarrassment among native English speakers - naturally this does not
include our American cousins. I would recommend instead that you model your
speech patterns on the following:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ivsb79-h90>