These are really fun, Dave!  Love the bath shots.  Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Waller" <kwal...@peoplepc.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: fantail

Cute little guy and a different pose, I only wish the background was a little less busy in the first.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Mann" <d...@multisport.net.nz>
Subject: GESO: fantail

I had a great time with a little fantail this afternoon. They aren't shy at all - if you're careful they will happily perch a couple of feet away and fly to within inches of you. He even ate a bug off my foot. Unfortunately that does make them prone to predation.

http://www.multi.net.nz/fantail-apr-10/

They eat insects on the wing and people tend to stir those insects up as they move about. It's fun to watch their antics as they flit through the air in random directions while happily chirping to each other. I consider it a real blessing to have them hanging around our garden. My late grandmother used to like them so they do remind me of her.

I had a lot of trouble with the light and ended up using the RTF at 800ISO. Other than that it's the good old K10D, FA*200mm f/2.8 and FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro.

You know it's a good day birding when you have to use the 100mm macro. I used to dream of getting half-decent photos of fantails.

Cheers,
Dave