They are indeed the same lens but front element is somewhat hidden by
plastic barrel which makes the DA a f/2.4 lens.
Though, I read a couple comments (was it here or on PentaxForums?)
that in practice, (comparing directly the two lenses and noting the
exposure recommended by the camera) the f/2.4 seems to gather more
light than its f/2.4 aperture would suggest. Something like f/2.2.
They seem to offer really the same performance. FA is better built.
Neither have QS focus.
DA has built-in lens correction profiles, though (as every DA lenses)
and FA comes with hood (adapted for full frame) but DA has no hood
AFAIK.

I have neither of those lenses so I can't say more.

--
Thibault Massart aka Thibouille/Thibs

Laptop: Macbook 13" Unibody SnowLeo/Win7

Programing: Delphi 2009