Hi,
   1) don't change the ISO (no ASA please <g> we are an international
   list) when exposure compensation is set. Always set the EC at 1x

   2) Yes, it gets stiffer with age. The CLA is VERY easy and you can
   do it YOURSELF! Takes about 15 minutes, just unscrew the mount,
   remove everything and note the order and orientation of the things.
   Swab each one with cotton with some spirit in it, to remove all the
   accumulated dirt. If you don't dare it, I have sent Mark Roberts a
   K2 service manual, I don't know if he made it into PDF yet, though.

   And yes, the DIY CLA really helps!

   Frantisek