On Apr 27, 2011, at 8:26, Stan Halpin wrote:

>> On Apr 27, 2011, at 7:26 AM, Matthew Hunt wrote:
>>
>> How you omit the kit lens from the initial release, I'll never understand.
>
> Two possibilities occur to me. One is that the kit lens is so good that
> minimal correction is needed. Second is that Pentax and/or Adobe may be
> assuming that purchasers of a body with kit lens are not necessarily the
> consumers who will immediately rush out and buy sophisticated post-processing
> and cataloging tools.

I just went back to a series of prints that I shot with the kit lens back in
August.  Turned on profile/correction for all of them and was surprised to see
the edges brighten up (didn't notice vignetting before, but I guess it was
there) and the field flattening out a bit (hadn't noticed the distortion,
either).

So... there is SOME correction going on there - but nothing too severe.  Nice
to have that in there for the rare times I use the 18-55!

BTW - is there any way to highlight a group of shots and turn on the lens
profile correction for all of them "en masse"?

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN