I haven't used the "Update DNG ..." command in quite a while. The
original implementation seemed a little buggy but that was way back in
v1.x.

My concern is that I have a lot of time invested in metadata
annotations: I want to be sure that when I re-read the metadata,
what's in the catalog is embedded and integrated with the refresh from
the files. I know this method works ... I've just not tested the other
one. :-)

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com