Not expecting much, I just called Panasonic Tech Support.
Their service center can send me a refurbished camera as a replacement
for $128 and change (I'd need to send my camera to them!).
A brand-new camera (DMC-ZR3 - the current version of ZR1) can be
purchased from Amazon for $149.

Oh... It's a disposable world...

Igor