From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Collin
Brendemuehl
Sent: Sunday, 1 May 2011 8:35 AM
To: pdml
Subject: Learned something today

Today I shot the conference.
It was in a church and a modest attendance of about 100.
The ideal lens would have been a 28-105 or something similar.
Since this conference is the brainchild of my sister, I've been drafted to
shoot it next
year.
Before I do, though, I will need a better lens in that range.
For the most part I used the A35/2 and FA50/1.4.
Those rare times that I put on the A70-210/4, it stayed at about 80mm.
So I'll want a really sharp zoom in the 28-105 class.
Any recommendations?  F4 is probably fast enough, and f2.8 lenses tend to be
pricey.  But
I'm a patient shopper and would rather get a good one later than a mediocre one
now.

Will post some pics later as we just got back to our room.
The A35/2 was only adequate.  The FA50/1.4 always performs beautifully.
Shooting was either manual with the Sunpak 611 or Museum modes.

I did take along my Tamron 28-80 Aspherical.  Barely adequate, if at all.
Not a satisfying lens for indoor work.  Only looks good @ f8+ outside.
(It will shortly be for sale.)

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://kerygmainstitute.org

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott

the
directions.