No problem, all the contrary. Maybe it will be easier with examples:

I find some pictures 'beautiful', even without a context:
http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/IGP01863.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/IMGP1955-Edit.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/IMGP5291-Edit-2.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/IMGP5251.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/IGP16958.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/ISTD_1741.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/K7_11335.html

(...)

Others are nice, mainly for the moment showed:
http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/IGP12896.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/IGP12825.html

And I find others more so-so...
http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/K5_00854.html

Not bad but I prefer the following one and it is a bit redundant too. However,
am sure that a double page in a photo book with both pictures looks very nice
(I
am very used to see fruit trees in my home town though).
http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/K7_01676.html

(This is for me a 'descriptive' picture, but not specially beautiful
visually...maybe I am missing a joke with the traffic sign, then it will go to
category 2 ;-) )
Another 'just' descriptive:
http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/K7_08307.html

Also, the two 'desert' landscapes are interesting, but the light is too
'vertical', which for me makes them more descriptive than 'artistic' (I have to
admit that this happens a lot to me when traveling and not being able to chose
when to photograph)
http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/K7_11186.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/K7_11154.html

Other with a too 'normal' light:
http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/K7_11448.html

http://liberman-family.com/boris/pics/Books/Israel%20by%20Boris/slides/IGP13978.html

I hope that you get what I am trying to say. I admit that, how I said before, I
am kind of used to some of the subjects shown so I need special light or point
of view to get my attention.

Honest and brutal, as you like to say...
;-)

Regards,
Jaume