Thu May 5 12:53:36 EDT 2011
Boris Liberman wrote:

> On 5/5/2011 17:46, Igor Roshchin wrote:
> >> This is great news, Christine. You are not only a fine photographer,
> >> but
> >> a wonderful human bean too.
> >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Mark!
>
> It is absolutely natural. When one Chicagoan meets another away from
> home they use the b-word for secret greeting...

Boris, you are mixing it up: It is Boston that is called Beantown,
not Chicago... :-)
http://www.boston-online.com/faq.html#beantown

Thu May 5 13:01:06 EDT 2011
Boris Liberman wrote:

> Speaking of beans. I just learned (ignorant me) that in Israel State
> Museum in Jerusalem we have a very bean-like sculpture. I hope to be
> able to pay this museum a visit soon enough and hopefully I would be
> able to take a picture of that thing.

By any chance, does that sculpture look like two beans put together? ;-)

(Sorry, the following reference will be clear only to Boris and other
Russian-speaking people on the list)
If that's the shape, I would wonder if it was brought from the
city of Jaffa (historically known as Joppa).

Cheers,

Igor