On Sat, 07 May 2011 12:31 -0700, "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
> I  spent several hours on Wednesday evening doing a complete rewrite of
> my low light dance photography article. His comments and questions had
> pointed out some basic problems, mostly that I had assumed familiarity
> with the dance culture, and why you don't use flash at these events. The
> rewrite actually took a lot more time than writing it the first time.
>
> This morning I got an email from him:
> "Unfortunately, I believe it's time to let you go. This hasn't been
> working at all and it's taken you way too long to get anything ready for
> us. It's also taken a ridiculous amount of effort on both our parts. I've
> never had this many problems getting a piece into shape.
>
> I want to thank you for your efforts but unfortunately I don't believe
> this is a relationship that will work."

<snip>

> As to the piece I wrote on low light photography, all of the editing was
> done in wordpress, and I didn't cut and paste what I wrote, and when I
> asked him if he could send me what I wrote he replied:
> "Because I worked on it quite a bit, I will not. It's only fair in terms
> of ethics."

Well, that sucks!

I'd never heard of the Phoblographer until your earlier post so I've
been following it since.  I'll give it a bit longer but so far it hasn't
had much of interest.  I was looking forward to your contributions....

As for not sending you the low light article - doesn't say much for his
ethics.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters