I think you were trying to express your anger rather than an objective
analysis here. Never ignore the fact that LX has never been as successful as
the Nikon big "F" series which made Nikon famous in the 1st place. I know
many people here love the LX, but as a whole, LX means very little in the
photographic world, while the Nikon big "F" series do. Before the LX, there
was no true professional 135 system from Pentax (I don't know if MX should
qualify). Pentax is always about affordable cameras with reasonably good
quality and features, while Nikon relies on their professional image. Pentax
also replaced the whole series of products when the time came (K, M, A, P,
SF, Z/PZ, MZ/ZX), while Nikon just extended what they had already had. These
are 2 very different approach and difficult to compare objective. If Pentax
was guilty of introducing screw mount, then Canon must not except the same
guilt by introducing the EOS system. At the same time, Nikon must be guilty
of dropping the aperture mechanism on their recent AF bodies too. The only
difference here is, Canon and Nikon are the winner today, and Pentax is not.
And as usual, loser takes all the blame. I am not a Pentax fan, I use
Pentax, I love Pentax, and I hate Pentax too. The way I see Pentax is, they
like to toy with different ideas from time to time, and sometimes they
succeed, sometimes not.

regards,
Alan Chan