Chris and Karin weren't the only ones enjoying the glory of England's
spring. I spent the weekend in the Peak District walking, including a day on
Kinder Scout learning to navigate using maps marked only with contour lines
- a very interesting way to learn to read the landscape closely. One of the
pictures shows an example of the kind of terrain we had to read - mostly
peat bog on the watershed.

Very few snaps from the navigation day, but here are a few from the village
where I stayed, and one or two of the nearby dales where I walked. The
village is taking part in a programme called SOS Village
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/villagesos/), and they had a food fair on the
Saturday, so I took a few snaps of that. Nothing great, but very typical of
such places. While waiting for the bus on Monday I took some pictures -
probably too many - in the parish church, which is very large for such a
place, but very attractive. In fact, they have more churches than pubs. But
the pubs had more people in them.

http://www.web-options.com/Tidza/