> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:00:55 -0500
> From: "T Rittenhouse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Where's Pentax?
>
> I Why they built the camera a year ago, but as
> usual decided that their customers didn't need anything like that. Pextax
> whose motto from corporate headquarters to their dealers is, "Pentax? We
> don't sell them".

---
According to their official press release, Pentax dropped the MZ-D design because they
felt that it wasn't going to be competitive
enough (And they were absolutely right about that). They have promised that the
wisdoms learned from this project, will evolve into
other digital cameras.

Best regards,
Roland