If I wanted to go very light and still have some computing power for
image review, I would use the iPad and camera connection kit as a
travel backup device. My 64G iPad normally has over 40G of empty space
on it and can read all my Olympus .ORF and Ricoh .DNG raw files. I can
even edit them to some degree with apps like Photogene and Photopad,
and Photosmith lets import, sort, grade and add annotation which then
links directly to Lightroom.

Obviously, this solution only works until the point where you run out
of storage space then you must have a computer to move all the data to
some other storage device. 32G of card storage in the E-5 nets about
2100 raw exposures, or about 1800 GXR exposures ... that's generally
more than I need for a three week long trip unless I have specific
assignments to cover that are going to need a lot more study.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com